In my family it is very hard to please everyone when it comes to dinner. I am vegetarian, my teen daughter “demands” a meal that requires some effort, and my son is very health conscious. I am happy to say my vegetarian chili satisfies everyone ( which is rare ) because it is vegetarian, hot and healthy and the kids love it as much as I do. The best part is that from start to finish this takes between about an hour to complete.
So without further ado here is a real crowd pleaser that I am sure your family will love as much as we do.
One package extra firm tofu
16oz of 16 bean soup mixed beans
One green pepper
One large onion
5 garlic cloves
1/4-1/3 cup chili powder
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
32oz can of peeled tomatoes
1) Boil beans until soft and set aside
2) Cut up tofu in 1 inch squares
3) Cut onions, peppers and garlic and set aside
4) In a large dutch oven start frying up tofu and after browned set aside
5) Sautee cut up onions, pepper and garlic
6) When onions and peppers softened add can of tomatoes, chili powder and tofu and heat to boiling and after boiling simmer for 30-45 minutes
7) Add in frozen vegetables and 5-10 minutes later add in 8-12 oz of mixed soft beans
8) Serve over rice
Be ready for seconds and thirds!