Let’s face itÂ the entire process of moving can be extremely frustrating and draining. The idea of having to box up years of memories and belongings and ship them in a truck, honestly makes me want to break out in hives. And then there’s the whole trying to find a reputable company–that won’t charge you a small fortune to undertake this life altering experience. I guess I am still slightly jaded by the move my husband and I made back in the stone age of the year 2000.
Picture it- December 31st 2000- moving from our Apartment in Brooklyn Heights to Staten Island. Seems like it would be a NO BRAINER for the movers to find their way from point A to point B. Well “these movers” somehow managed to get lost and finally got to Staten island THREE HOURS late. And if getting charged an extra three hours was not enough to make us want to strangle these movers- one of them then proceeded to christen my new toilet bowl with a not very pleasant odor– the man sat in the bathroom of my new house for a SOLID HOUR…I remember making my husband get a new toilet seat after the fact…
Suffice it to say our moving experience was not a sparkly and shiny one- which is why I was intrigued when I heard about this brand spanking new app called UNPAKT– which promises to streamline the moving prices and weed out the movers who aren’t worth your time or money!
So what is UNPAKT?
– First web app/digital marketplace/price comparison site for moving services
– Lets you find reputable moving companies, compare exact prices and user
– Available coast to coast
– Streamlines the entire â€œbooking a moverâ€ process to under an hour
– Recently featured in The NY Times, Forbes, TechCrunch, The Huffington
– Named one of The Next Webâ€™s Top 10 Apps for Home & Work
UNPAKT helps you:
– Plan your move by entering your move basics (where/when/what youâ€™re
– Compare moving companies with exact prices, user reviews, services and
– Book your mover at a guaranteed price. The only way your price will change is if you edit your inventory or conditions (distance, stairs, etc.)Not ready to commit? Not a problem. Save your move plan for later and make changes at any time.
Why Use Unpakt?
– Until now, finding a mover took patience, effort and a lot of phone calls. It doesnâ€™t need to be this hard!
– Exact prices â€“ there are no last minute price increases, no ballpark estimatesâ€¦ no surprises! You know exactly what youâ€™re paying for.
– Peace of mind â€“ Rest easy knowing that Unpakt rigorously pre-screens all movers so you donâ€™t have to.
– Instant gratification â€“ You can find exact prices for great movers instantly.
Never wait for a company to call you back again.
– Save money â€“ Comparison shopping, by nature, allows you to compare and choose a price you are comfortable with.
– Save time â€“ You only have to shop for a mover once â€“ enter your info and
compare companies immediately. No need to waste hours on the phone any longer.
And guess what Thestatenislandfamily.com readers can receive a Discount on their NEXT MOVE!
Receive 5% instant cash back on your next move! Enter promo code: SIFAM on UNPAKT when booking and save. Must book by 8/15/13.
And Today THROUGH JUNE 26th Unpakt has launched a social media CONTEST, where participants will have the opportunity to win cash and prizes totaling $10,000 (includes 10 $250 AMEX gift cards, Keurig Coffee Machines, Bose Mobile Speakers and More!)! The campaign, #UnpaktReality on The Unpakt Network, shows the lighter side of moving by calling for consumers to create their own reality TV parodies encompassing a moving theme.
A series of reality television parodies will illustrate the lighter side of moving, in line with Unpaktâ€™s mission to provide consumers with a hassle-free move.
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Americaâ€™s Next Top MoverÂ
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The Moving Truck Whisperer
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â MoveBusters
Â #UnpaktReality SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST
Tasked with naming the next moving industry-inspired reality show for the Unpakt Network, participants will have the opportunity to win cash and prizes totaling $10,000.Â To enter the contest, participants are invited to post their reality television parody suggestions via Twitter by tweeting @Unpakt with their idea and the hashtag #UnpaktReality. Multiple entries are encouraged.Â The submission period will run from Tuesday, June 18th to Wednesday, June 26th 2013, and the winner will be announced on Friday, June 28th.Â Visit the Unpakt Network and contest guidelines at https://www.unpakt.com/reality
This post is part of a sponsored conversation with UNPAKT but as is always the case all opinions expressed are my own.