This review was made possible by iConnect and Luvs. I was provided compensation to facilitate this post, but all opinions stated are 100% mine
First time parents– there are certain baby essentials that you THINK you need and which I can tell you now– ARE NOT WORTH your money. Let me give you a little background…when my first child was born, I literally went on a Babies R Us shopping spree and cleared the shelves of every; pacifier, bottle washer, diaper changer, educational toys for the crib, car seat and bath toy (not that she could even hold her head up at three weeks old) but I was going to be ready to move swiftly into action as soon as she could sit in the bath and wow her with bath crayons, bubble makers, splish splashy toys- and pretty much just about anything that would keep her stimulated and educated while taking a bath– no it wasn’t purely for fun- it was all about learning!
Then I had my second child- and honestly-the leisurely half-hour bath times my daughter enjoyed as a baby and toddler- were no longer a viable option now that I had a newborn to contend with too. Heck I was too busy trying to juggle the demands of two kids – and was in the process of trying to get my daughter to take a shower without screeching -( unbeknownst to me- having never been washed in anything but a bath- at three and a half- she was terrified of the shower-) so that was even more of a reason to cut out bath time all together…I wasn’t going to make the same mistake with my second kid- he was going to be in a shower as soon as I could manage to take one while holding him at the same time. And so the bath toys – which at this point got creepily filled with dirty moldy water, were trashed–(Not to go off on a tangent but… if anyone can tell me how to clean those squeaky, squirty toys- you’ll be bestowed with both a medal and a monument in your honor!)
Why the rant? To let you you know that whether you get everything or you get the bare minimum- your kid will be okay and so will you. So pick and choose which products will work for your family and your individual situation- and just know that we have all been there and that you should let your intuition be your guide- aka- don’t sweat the small stuff- just keep cooking that baby and of course keep reading this post for the only five essentials you need for a trip to the beach with a toddler!
With summer coming up I have to talk about the many trips we took to the beach with our kids when they were still in diapers. When it comes to summer activities babies are too young to go to an amusement park, little ones don’t swim so pools are also out and playgrounds can get too hot so the best place is either under a shady umbrella or wading close to shore at the beach. My toddlers always loved the beach they can play in sand making castles burying themselves and you for hours on end with no boredom at all. We always loved either Ocean City, New Jersey or Jones Beach in Long Island. But before I sell you on the beach as a great place to take a toddler I have to talk about the essential packing that is involved because you want a safe, prepared and ready for anything trip.
The five essentials you need for a trip to the beach with a toddler
- Sunscreen- you begin by applying the sunscreen either on the ride there or in the car on the way. You then need to reapply every two or three hours. The thing I always need to remember on top is to keep the sunscreen out of the child’s eyes or your day might get ruined early.
- Hydration- and that is best achieved with the bottle straight from a cooler with either water or his favorite juice in or from a flexible thermal pouch with an icepack. On a hot day you want to give fluids very often even if the child looks cool.
- Food and Snacks- Your trip to the beach is an all day affair and everybody gets hungry the minute you leave the house. My favorite is chilled fruit particularly melon either watermelon or cantaloupe and peaches and plums. There is nothing like a cool piece of fruit on a hot day and cut up small for the little ones. Your meals are up to you depending on your childs likes and dislikes but cold snacks are always the best.
- Cleansing wipes-a trip to the beach is rarely a clean activity and after playing in the sand, wading in the water , eating and pooping you need a nice cool wet wipe to come to the rescue and make everybody feel clean and fresh.
- –Luvs diapers– because they are the most comfortable, leakproof and always fit snug . Luvs have large stretch tabs for easy fastening, ultra-leakage protection and a money-back guarantee. Featuring Super Absorbent Leakguards and NightLock Plus its largest absorbency ever, Luvs Diapers lock away wetness and absorb even more than regular Luvs. They fasten easily and give a snug fit again and again. Luvs knows the beach is no place for leaks and their contoured shape hugs babies for a great fit and a super soft cottony material-softer than ever before-feels gentle on baby’s skin. Your trip is going to be interrupted a few times for changes so bring enough and don’t get left short.
Parenting is expensive but Luvs knows this and is giving you all an extra break from other premium diapers. Luvs #SharetheLuv is the official diaper of experienced moms, Luvs is offering opportunities to save on diapers this month with both a $2 off any one pack of box of Luvs in this Sunday’s Paper (May 28th) and a $2 print-at-home coupon (This coupon will go to $1 from 5/28-6/10).
Visit http://www.coupons.com/brands/luvs-coupons to access a Luvs coupon Luvs coupon of $2 off any one diaper pack or box. The $2 off coupon is available today until the end of the day May 27. Print at home coupons expire 30 days from the date they are printed by the consumer and are good at discount or grocery stores where Luvs Diapers are sold.
Softer and more absorbent than ever before Luvs Ultra Leakguards with NightLock Plus™ provide the high-quality features babies and parents need for less cost than the premium brands.
These trips to the beach on summer days are just some of the great memories you will be making and being prepared will make these the best memories without what ifs spoiling the sweet moments.