- Your child can join you at table – This soft booster seat rests directly on a regular-sized chair to raise your toddler up to a comfortable height.
- Includes a three-point harness – This harness helps ensure that your toddler is comfortably secure while sitting in their Bumbo Booster Seat.
- Fits most standard chairs – Adjustable straps attach to almost all four-legged chairs.
- Easy-to-clean – Meal times with toddlers can get messy, which is why the Bumbo Booster Seat is made from material that is easy to wipe clean.
- Easily transportable – The lightweight material makes it easy to bring with you to restaurants, picnics, friends’ houses, and anywhere else you and your child go.
7 Tips for Dealing with Picky Eaters
1)Pay attention to patterns: Many children who are pre-school age have not adjusted to chewing certain foods and those in elementary school are starting to lose teeth, which can make it difficult for them to chew. Try opting for dishes with softer consistencies such as chicken stew, sweet mashed potatoes, and pasta.
2) Include the whole family: Studies show that many families are eating together less due to the past-paced society that we live in. However, leaving children to develop a taste for unhealthy snacks such as potato chips, soda and fast food. If time permits, include older children and younger children in the meal prep process and allow them to have a say in what they’d like to eat for dinner
3)Don’t be an Old-Fashioned Parent: Some of remember a time when our parents use to tell us to eat everything on the plate, or else. According to modern day nutritionists, encouraging children to eat everything on their plates has contributed to high rates of obesity in the United States. If a child says that’s too much, listen to them and only feed them what they can eat.
4)Hide Veggies in dishes they love: Spaghetti and macaroni and cheese are kid favorites. Try adding colorful vegetables such as squash, orange sweet peppers and zucchini to spaghetti. You can even add more tomatoes to the sauce. Incorporating small pieces of broccoli into macaroni will not only give it added color, but also add vitamin C, vitamin K and calcium to your child’s dish. To make meal favorites more nutritious try opting for whole grain pasta instead of pasta made with flour. You can encourage meal prep with the kids by making the pasta from scratch, either by hand or with a juicer like Omega juicer which does more than just juice–it can extrude pasta.
5) Tasty Desserts: Let’s face it, most kids love sweets. Eating sweets doesn’t have to be first class ticket to obesity. For instance, you can create delicious sorbets with fresh frozen fruits such as blueberries, strawberries and mangos will excite your child’s taste buds and satisfy their sweet tooth.
6) Make Yummy Snacks at Home:Pre-packaged bars, cookies, dried fruit can increase a child’s intake of sugar, preservatives and sodium. Expand your child’s view of snacking by offering healthier, yet still tasty, options. As a DIY project, dehydrate apple, mango and banana slices with an Excalibur food dehydrator. Dehydrating food at home with kids will create a fun environment and also allow you to swap out those pre-packaged snacks for healthier alternatives.
7) Lead by Example: Kids usually grow up eating what their parents eat. Become extra excited about the foods you are eating. Say words like wow, this is so yummy! and they will want a taste.
And for a chance to win a Bumbo Booster Seat you must FOLLOW The Staten Island Family on Facebook and leave a comment that you did so. For another entry you MUST subscribe to our The Staten Island Family newsletter here can Follow MelissaSChapman on Instagram and leave a comment here that you did so! For Another entry you must follow MelissaSChapman on Pinterest and leave a comment here that you did so. For another entry you can subscribe to our YOU TUBE CHANNEL and leave a comment here that you did so. For another chance to win you must follow @melissaSChapman on Twitter, TWEET this giveaway and leave a comment here that you did so. And for another Entry you can follow Melissa Chapman on Google + and leave a comment here that you did so! GOOD LUCK giveaway ends July 15th!