This is a sponsored post, Thank you for supporting The Staten Island Family
As the bright sunny days stretch into night, in my house that means our strict bedtime routine–(okay I’m not fooling anyone right now my kids have never had a strict bedtime:)-is completely unenforceable. In fact my 12 year-old keeps telling me, “But Mommy I can’t go to sleep it’s still morning light outside,“and while it’s very sweet it is not half as endearing at 11 pm, when he’s the only one still awake!
I’m convinced there must be some type of chemical reaction that gets triggered in my kids’ brains. Literally as soon as the weather hints at being even slightly warm, all they want to do is be outside, even if it’s just hanging out on our little stoop and watching the cars pass by. And there is no doubt my kids need a respite from the classroom. Unfortunately the well-deserved downtime comes at a cost though –aka the Summer Slide.
Fortunately parents can use technology such as the iPad and/or iPhone to download educational apps designed to teach kids through play and ones that will really benefit the kids once they’re back in the classroom. And this summer imagine having your very own robot-one that your kid can control?! In fact this summer the learning doesn’t have to end if your kidlet has a Sphero SPRK+ from Best Buy which will inspire curiosity, creativity and invention through connected play and coding. Just download the Lightning App and watch your kid learn how to code and get his SPRK+ to navigate mazes, be a magic 8 ball swim across the water and so much more! Check out our video below-We are JUST getting started!
Designed to inspire curiosity, creativity, and invention through connected play and coding, SPRK+ is far more than just a robot. Powered by the Lightning Lab app, you can easily learn programming, complete hands-on activities, and share your creations with the community.
The Sphero SPRK+ is designed to help children develop in STEM. What is STEM?
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math and STEM products encourage kids to develop core skills in these areas. Best Buy carries products from basic learning games to advanced toys designed to stimulate a child’s mind in the STEM areas, helping to develop logic and problem solving skills.
What are the Features and Benefits?
- SPRK+ is a great toy to play with in the house or on the go
- SPRK+ is a great way to infuse classroom-type learning outside of the classroom
- Some fun activities SPRK+ is programmed to do: navigate mazes, swim across water, be a magic 8 ball, and painting pictures
What is included in the Sphero SPRK+?
- Inductive charging base with USB charging cable
- Maze tape, 360 degree protractor and sticker sheet
What are the Product Features ?
- Blluetooth-enabled -Alllows your to control your robot wirelessly.
- App-controlled-Free app provides control and/or enhanced game play on your smart device.
- Quick moving- SPRK+ moves over 4.5 mph.
What ages will use the SPRK+?
Product Age Rage: 8+ and at a price of $129.99
Bottom line: If you want to avoid summer slide in achievement and get your kids involved in STEM and learning during their vacation months then you will be amazed and thrilled with Sphero SPRK+ robotSphero SPRK+ robot to help develop logic and problem solving skills.
In addition the The US Department of Education provides fantastic tips to PREVENT the summer slide which includes a trip to the local library. Summer can be the perfect time for high school-aged children to prepare for college, and setting aside at least one day a week to keep math and science skills fresh is an excellent way to start off the summer. Local libraries are an excellent place to find books full of practice problems and they’re quiet and often air-conditioned too! Parents of younger students can create a summer reading list with their children, and then reward them when they finish each book. keep reading!
- Additionally, parents can encourage their kids to think outside of the box with arts and crafts. Sites such as kids.gov and NGA Kids have great ideas that will let any child’s imagination run wild and stimulate creativity.
- Many high school students might also want to take the time to start developing their professional resumes. Finding a part-time job can help students gain valuable experience and line their pockets with a bit of extra cash. Visit www.wh.gov/youthjobs for more information.
- Volunteering is also an option. Youth-oriented summer camps, local museums, animal shelters and, of course, libraries are often looking for extra help during warmer months. This experience is not only valuable for personal and professional development, but it often looks good on college applications. Find opportunities at volunteer.gov.